Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shampoo And Conditioner For Dried And Damaged Hair??

Here Is Some BAckground Information About My Hair


Its Damaged Because Of My flat iron


it is thick


barely shiny


splitends


meduim height


and dried up


it is a mixture of wavy and curly hair


and frizzy


I need suggestions for this hair





plzzz and thnkyhu





ps. the shampoo and conditioner i use is herbal essences none of yhur frizzness( i use pantene pro v comb and creme and sunsily for poofy hair) are they any ghud??





Are they any ghud??


If Help Me Yhu Truly Will BE My Life Saver


I Need A Shampoo With A ReasonABLE priceShampoo And Conditioner For Dried And Damaged Hair??
First, you need to put your flat iron away for a while! You have cooked your hair. Secondly, get to a beauty supply like Sally's beauty supply and ask for a reconstructor. A reconstructor is a moisturizer with a lot of protein in it. Use this after every shampoo. Use enough treatments to empty about half the bottle, then you can re-assess the situation. If the hair is starting to feel better, you may want to alternate using the reconstructor with a regular moisturizing conditioner. Continue this until your hair is in good shape again. WHEN and ONLY WHEN your hair is in better shape, you can reintroduce your hair to your flat iron. This time use a spray protectant on your hair before you apply the iron. Just about every company that makes hair products will have some kind of thermal protecting spray in it's line. Pick one, and use it religiously!Shampoo And Conditioner For Dried And Damaged Hair??
I have the same exact hair as you! And I know people say ';stop straightening it'; but serious, with hair like ours, it would look crazy if we didn't. But I recently started using Herbal Essences ';Long Term Relationship'; and it really has helped my hair be smoother, and easier to work with. It's designed to prevent split ends to grow hair longer.. so it really helps with our type of hair. I then use the Herbal Essences line of ';Body Envy'; (I know.. we already have poofy hair we don't need the volume) but it has helped me bring out my natural waves in a cleaner, sexier look. If you go to the herbal essence website and look at their ';how to'; videos.. I follow the 'natural texture' routine without using the curling iron. It's really easy, and makes like so much easier when I don't want to go out with a wet head but don't have time to straighten my hair.





If you need more advice just e-mail me. I've tried EVERYTHING and used EVERY product possible and for once I'm content.
hey,


im a hairdresser and atm my hairs in terrible condition from straightening and highlighting..


i was usin aussie but i found it left my hair heavy and limp..





ive started using elvive pink bottle shampoo and conditioner. the odd time using a penetrating condition to help it only 1ce a week or so..





and im seeing a motable difference





good luck xoxxo
try garnier fructis..get the body and volume shampoo and conditioner...and XXL body and volume spray from garnier also it will add some moisture and shine to your hair..i use it when i don't go to the hair salon..it works for me! you should give it a try..and sorry..idk the price..my mom buys it...i'm only 12!! :)
wow that sounds exactly like my hair..i use 2 i switch on and off...the two that i have found work the best are Pantene Expressions(depending on hair color) (it makes hair shiny)and Head and shoulders...it also makes hair shiny...and moisturizes the scalp and smells amazing hope this helps :)))))


my personal experience with other products (dove,suave,brilliant brunette)thay caused dandruff alll over my head...
Try dove intense therepy shampoo, it adds shine to you hair, and in about a week you can really tell a difference. It comes in a dark blue bottle, just look for it in shampoo aisles. It works extremely well!!
Hi try using Bath and Body works moisturizing shampoo and conditioner they have some really nice smells. It treats dry, damaged and color treated hair.
Try Lemon juice im not sure if it will work but im guessing so cuz its weird i can guess stuff then know the answer.


mix the lemon with some regular shampoo and then use hydrating conditoners with pepermint smells hope this helps
Tresemme thermal damage shampoo and conditonner works excellent and gives your hair great shine. Hope I could help ;)





ps: it's only 4$ a bottle at walmart.
use aussie
Getting a haircut for starters is definitely the best thing. There's no other cure for split ends; even products that claim to mend them. AVOID THESE!!! They only temporarily glue the ends together, and eventually end up with the split continuing farther up the hair shaft.





Damage and splits are multi-caused. To avoid them again and repair what is already done, consider the following





-get your hair trimmed regularly (about every 6-8 weeks) no matter how desperately you don't want to lose that one inch! In turn, your hair will actually grow faster and be healthier.





-Try to avoid washing your hair too regularly. Shampoos have silicones and other ingredients that strip your hair of moisture and make it more susceptible to breakage and damage. Most conditioners have enough mild ingredients within them to cleanse your hair. Look for conditioners with keratin as well.





-Don't take steaming hot showers. The hot water also will damage your hair. Rinse in cool-cold water to seal the cuticle to make it shinier and softer.





-I know its hard, but really do try to stay away from using heat tools too often at least for a little bit. Put the flat iron and the blow dryer away for a while. You'll notice a big difference.





-If/when you swim in chlorine, rinse your hair in clean water first. This will keep your hair from soaking in too much of the chlorine water.





As far as shampoo and conditioner, you don't need anything all too fancy. Tresemme and garnier fructis are great brands and have a variety of products. They are very reasonable and do an excellent job. You can pick them up at a drug store. Anything for damaged, dry, or weak hair should do the trick.





This is a great home remedy. You will need:


-One very ripe avocado


-2 tablespoons of mayo


-A few tablespoons of olive oil


Mash them up in a bowl and apply to freshly shampooed hair. Comb though evenly and gather your hair up in a shower cap. Use a blow dryer on a warm setting with a diffuser and use with shower cap. This will open the hair cuticle and allow it to absorb more moisture. Leave in for 20-30 minutes and rinse out. and voila!!


This is a pretty heavy moisturizing treatment, so use it only about once a week. It worked wonders on my hair.





Now...the straightener. I know you hate to hear it...but there is no way to straighten it without damage. period. You can, however, reduce the amount of damage. If you reach for your flat iron often, invest the money to get a professional quality one. I recommend solia, its reasonable for the great product it is. I cannot emphasize HAIR PROTECTANT enough. Sedu has a good line of heat protectors. Also, follow the tips above to keep your hair generally in good condition.





check out these websites too:





http://www.damagedhair.net/





http://www.naturallycurly.com//





http://www.folica.com/





folica has great products for good prices.





Best of luck! Happy hair days.
I can totally relate. My hair sounds the same as yours, although not only do I iron it (you don't want to see it not ironed!) but I color it too. I've tried literally hundreds of different shampoos and conditioners and I recently asked the woman who cuts my hair what she uses on me. My hair is always so great when she shampoos it, and it's the same water source so that can't be it. She gave me something called ';Retro Hair';, the daily shampoo. I tried the matching ';stimulating conditioner'; but it was the shampoo that amazed me. I think I've finally found the perfect shampoo. I've never seen it anywhere but a salon but there is a website on the bottle...www.retrohair.com. I didn't go there but maybe they can at least tell you where to get it. A bottle of shampoo cost me $11. I don't know if that is reasonable, but for a salon, I didn't think that was too bad. Plus you use the tiniest bit. I usually need 2 handfuls of shampoo, but this stuff goes a really long way and leaves your hair clean. I think part of my problem was buildup. This shampoo gets your hair CLEAN. I hope it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment