Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner for heat damaged hair?

Hair is responding to conditioner by Patene. Used Neutrogena clarifying shampoo to get residue off of hair....Original hair is coarse, soft, wavy, and curly hair. However after using a flat iron product called moisture block and turning up the iron all the way hair is severely damaged I think. After several washes and conditioning these past 2 days the hair still has signs of reverting back. I will definitely have to cut at least 1-3 inches off. However there is a different feel to the hair, but its still soft. I twisted it all over and put in some curl moisturizer. The twists themselves are little more relaxed than usual but still bouncy and curly....yet easier to comb thru with my fingers even after it has air dried.





Don't want to shave my head. Tell me what should my plan for the next 6 months to save the hair and future regrowth. How long should I wait to put braids in it? Should I deep condition it more than once a week? Please help with detail steps and names of products to buy.Deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner for heat damaged hair?
Lot's of naturals experience heat damage because of inpropal or excessive heat use.Here are some things to do:





I would consider taking a break from straightening for about 2-3 months to help reduce the stress but on your hair. Instead, I would opt for letting it dry naturally or having your hair twisted or braided. If you can try conditioning once a week under heat for 30 minutes with a light protein like Aphogee Intensive Reconstructor (can be found at sallys) or nexxus emergency to help strengthen the hair the follow it by a moisturizing mask/treatment (lustrasilk shea butter cholestrol is good).





If you hair is severely damaged, to the point where it is breaking when you touch it, I would recommend cutting it off. The reason is that the damaged breaking hair will start breaking up into your healthier new growth. But here is what I would do if I were you:





1) Start getting deep trims every 6-8 weeks to help slowly get rid of damaged ends without a shock


2) Wear hair up and tucked away as much as possible. Avoid combing or brushing the hair which will encourage breakage and shedding.


3) Consider getting braids or weaving for no more that 6-8 weeks to prevent you from manipulating the hair. This will help reduce the urge to straighten or press.





I think if you can incorporate some of these things into your routine, you will see a difference!





good places to learn more about hair:


http://blackwomentalk.forumotion.net/for鈥?/a>


http://www.motowngirl.com


Deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner for heat damaged hair?
Ojon is really great. All hair types can use it, but it is best for dry course hair. You can get it at beauty stores such as Sephora and Ulta. People swear by it, and I think it has miraculously helped my color treated hair. The deep conditioner is the best, but everyone loves their glossing creme and dry shampoo as well.


Check it out at one of those stores or online. It's a really awesome new deep conditioner.


http://www.ojon.com/
wow okay check out this website, its a forum for black hair care. you can pretty much find any and everything on there, plus you can link to other websites..





www.blackhairmedia.com





sorry i didn't have a straight forwarded answer but i love that website it helps me tremendously when I'm in a bind or have a question.
Hello there... Somebody just asked the yahoo query like yours and I provided following link. It looks cool to me

No comments:

Post a Comment