Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is a Good Shampoo and Conditioner for Dead Hair?

My hair is naturally dark black, slightly wavy, a bit oily, and about half way down my back. I've been straightening my hair for about six years now, and the effects are finally showing; split ends and discoloring. The split ends are about 1-2 inches up from the tips of my hair, and the discoloring is a medium to dark brown that is about 1/3 up my hair (the tips of my hair have the majority of discoloring, while the roots and midsection are practically fine).





I stopped straightening my hair about a month and a half ago and started using a straightening shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight) to stop further damage.





Now, I'm wondering if there is any shampoos and conditioners I can use to restore my hair without cutting 1/3 off. I have my grad in a month and I want to keep my hair long, but I do plan on getting about two and a half inches off.





PS: I hope I provided enough information =P. Also, thank you in advance for answering my question!What is a Good Shampoo and Conditioner for Dead Hair?
I hate to say it, but you just might have to cut that part off. You can try Dove shampoo and conditioner (they have a specific kind for damaged hair). From my opinion, it works well. But once your hair is damaged, there's really not much you can do. It's a good thing you decided to stop straightening though.What is a Good Shampoo and Conditioner for Dead Hair?
HAIR IS DEAD. It is dead protein. u cant do anything to fix the portion thats already dead. the best thing u can do is apply some moisturizing conditioner and leave it @ nyte. i like tresemme conditioner w/ vit e.


i dont like herbal essence since it damaged my hair more...but if it works for u stick w/ it.


plus, the only way to get rid of it is to cut it.
Hot oil treatments work and Shampoo and conditioner something good like Nextus or Joico
It would be best to get rid of all the damaged hair and continue with regular hair trims, but i understand for grad you don't want to cut it all off, so for now, use a good deep conditioner, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle ';Deeeeeeeep'; moisturizing conditioner works really well, if your hair is oily around the scalp just do the ends, also Biolage Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner works really well, you can get an off Brand at salls its called Biotera i think. Those will also work very well. Hope this helps. If you do straighten it, use a heat protectant, Paul Mitchell has something called ';Heat Seal'; it is pretty reasonable and works very very well
well first of all you have to stop using store bought products. These are bad for your hair. Salon quality you cannot beat a bit more expensive but the results are fantastic. When was your last trim? you definitely need to do this. One of the best shampoos that I like are Joico K-Pak or from ISO the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Also jet some serum for your hair and a thermal iron spray, this will protect your hair from the extreme heat of your flat iron.Hope this helps, the sooner you do this the better your hair will be.
  • help blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment