Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mane n Tail. Shampoo or Conditioner?

I've heard a lot about mane n tail shampoo and I wanted to start using it to make my hair fuller and healthier. Well I heard that it dries your hair out (especially people with my hair type) and that it makes it stiff and poofy.


So I was wondering if I should wash with mane n tail and then rewash my hair again with my regular shampoo (keracare) so that it won鈥檛 be dry and stuff? Or would rewashing my hair after using the mane n tail just defeat the purpose?





Also, I wanted to know if I buying both the shampoo and conditioner was necessary, or should I just get one?





Oh by the way, my hair type is African-american, I guess you would call it. But it鈥檚 relaxedMane n Tail. Shampoo or Conditioner?
yes i have heard bad things about it, especially for african american hair. it really damages it and makes it look and feel worse than before you started using it.





why dont you use some products specifically for our hair type just to be on the safe side? in addition, to make your hgair healthier, try:


*washing it regularly


*keeping it well moisturized


*maintaining a good diet


*drinking plenty of water


*avoiding excerssive heat use


*keeping the scalp healthy


*taking multivitamins or vitamin e pills


*getting the dead ends trimmed every 2-3 months


*avoiding excessive chemical use (perm, dye, etc.)


*using good deep conditioner


*getting a relaxer less often (instead of the every 6 weeks thing ppl do, try every 2 months instead, or longer)


*sleep with a satin bonnet or pillow case to avoid snagging and breaking hair during sleep


*get roller sets maybe every other week or so to give your hair a break from the damage of everyday styling.





that will help make your hair healthier. and yiou can ask your stylist to give you some other suggestions. best wishes.Mane n Tail. Shampoo or Conditioner?
well im part african american..and mane and tail doesnt really make my hair dry or anything. it just shampoos and conditions lol


when i dry my hair it doesnt get super dryed out.


you should try biosilk products though if your worried about your hair drying out .
Well I use it and I love it...they have a whole range of products now to help your hair from drying our.I think you should use the conditioner (it doubles as a stay in product).
I own both the shampoo and conditioner.





I actually found the opposite. It didn't really give me volume; instead it made it really moisturized and sleek.





Yes, I would imagine it works best with both the shampoo AND conditioner.





Best of Luck! :)
DONT try it


I heard alot about it too, so i decided to get it and it really made my hair dry and it totally ruined it... even the SMELL of my hair changed.. like before i would use anyshampoo and it would smell fine, but this mane and tail **** made it smell bad. like on the same day i washed it! :S i dont know its wierd and it deff ruined my hair, it used to look straight and fresh but now it looks very very very dry.. i dont reccomend it at all

No comments:

Post a Comment